Boiler/ HVAC Technicians
Service Technicians are at the forefront of operations and interact directly with customers and to accurately troubleshoot both industrial and commercial boiler and HVAC equipment systems. Service technicians will often work independently or in small teams to solve a customers equipment problem. Service technicians are provided regularly with opportunities for advanced training on equipment by other technicians or manufacturers.
Service Technicians have multiple functions, which include but are not limited to:
- Assuring the efficient operation of the Service Department.
- Compliance with all Federal, State, and Local health and safety law, ordinances, and policies.
- Assuring the accurate and timely completion of all repair and service orders.
- Assuring the satisfaction of each customer and working to the highest standards of quality in the Service Department
- Assuring the accurate reporting of time and materials used on proper documentation.
- Participation in regular training to maintain a high level of skill and accurate industry knowledge.
All Service Technicians fall directly under the Service Manager. On large projects a Project Manager may be assigned to provide guidance and handle immediate issues and parts acquisitions on site.
Requires at a minimum, a good working knowledge of heating and plumbing system installation, mechanical installations and repair. Boiler/ Burner controls and combustion. We are currently seeking both experienced technicians and individuals just starting out in the industry.
- 1 Education: Requires High School Diploma.
- 2 Experience: Preferred: Five years experience in mechanical contracting, plumbing, heating or HVAC industries or a combination of the above in in a service capacity.
- 3 Must have the ability to analyze problems rapidly and accurately. Must be familiar with the type of equipment used by both commercial and industrial customers. Must stay up to date with changes in the equipment and industry. Must be willing and able to do hands on work. Must be able to work independently.
- 4 Must have Drivers license , able to obtain clearance to work in schools.
- 5 Will be required to be on call. Work evenings, weekends and Holidays as needed
- 6 Basic Computer skills required
- Technicians are authorized to make independent decisions in the field consistent with Federal, State, Local and Company policies on safety, environmental protection and ethics.
- Communicate with customers cheerfully and knowledgeably.
- Instruct customers in the use of equipment.
- Assist in resolving customer equipment servicing and installation needs.
- Assist the Service Manager and other CSI Services personnel as required.
- Complete all work orders.
- Dispose of all waste products properly.
- Assuring the maintenance of all Company owned tools and equipment is conducted in a timely manner according to Company Policy and manufacturer specifications.
Measures of Performance
- Overall satisfaction of customers is evidenced.
- Vehicles, tools and materials are maintained in a neat and clean manner.
- Fulfills deadlines and meets or exceeds expectations of customers.
- Work orders are properly completed in a timely manner.
- All receipts and paperwork are properly turned in every day, or as required.